Sunday, October 17, 2010

TUESDAYS with MORRIE by: Ms. Kaye Marrianne C. Laid

Tuesdays with Morrie is a true story of the remarkable lessons taught by an old dying professor, Morrie Schwartz, to his pupil, Mitch Albom. It also teaches about “Life’s Greatest Lesson” such as death, fear, aging, greed, marriage, family, society, forgiveness, and a meaningful life. In addition to, the story denotes the special bond of friendship that was lost for many years, but never forgotten and simply picked up again at a crucial time of both Morrie's and Mitch's lives.
Eventually, “Ones you learn how to die, you also learn how to live” this was the statement of Morrie that perfectly fits their story and exactly denotes the theory of existentialism. In the theory of existentialism, it stated that man has its beginning; therefore he has an end which is called death. Like what Morrie did, he made his life precious by living it to the fullest though he knows that he’s time was counted through the disease he suffers which was called ALS; a pancreatic cancer. As a reflection, I really admire Morrie for being a good example to his student specifically to Albom. It made me realize how important the life is; on how I am going to live the life meaningful that whenever I pass away people will appreciate my doings and will be pass in the future comes. Aside from this, I greatly appreciate the friendship that bonds between Morrie and Albom because for sixteen years that they are separated they still hold the friendship that they had and they showed to us that whatever status that they had it didn’t made a hindrance to continue their relationship as a friend. I t relates me of what the friendship they had because like Morrie I also have my friends and I cherish and love all of them, and I don’t want that if ever we meet in the future they will forget and deny me.
As a conclusion, Tuesdays with Morrie is a story that talks how life is important , on how you are going to spend your life in a meaningful way that it can be remember and pass in the future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment