Sunday, October 17, 2010

PHILOSOPHY IN LIFE: Andrea M.L. Saarenas

I have very few philosophies in life. Way back in high school, I always prided myself of being stubbornly single-minded when it comes to choosing what suits me or not. With this, I came to believe on “finding something you love to do and never have to work a day in your life” meaning I always do the things I know I’ll enjoy, including projects that interests me and improves my skills. These involve reading, designing and any creative writing. At the end of the day, I may feel tired physically, but mentally I am energetic and happy because I did what I like to do best.

Second, I came to understand this philosophy in times of sadness. Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow (Terri Guillemets). I just think about this philosophy and was calmed when I felt negatively toward life seeing it as unjust and cruel. But as this quote had said, we all have our ups and downs. And even if we are on top our careers and fields we are still prone to meeting challenges and hardships along the way. Life isn’t perfect. We have to strive hard for it to make it better and to improve ourselves as we go along the way.

Third, Sometimes it's necessary to go a long distance out of the way in order to come back a short distance correctly (Edward Albee). I found this quote and I fell for it quite hard. It made me think about all the hardships that we conquer, be it the lessons we learn in college. Yes, it may seem a long way until we graduate, but come to think of it, it is not on how long our journey is, it’s how much stuff we learn as we get there that counts. As we learn the hard way, we can look back and go through with each lesson again, thinking “hey, this is easy now since we already conquered this before”. That shows how much we learn and how our skills have improved. This journey makes us a better and wiser person.

No comments:

Post a Comment