Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sherwin Ng (my personal philosophy)

Sherwin Ng
HUMA-01
My Personal Philosophy

Life is about learning to love, to feel compassion, to find strength and determination, and to live through the experiences that make us who we are. All these things effect and touch the heart.
I believe that every experience in our lives touches us in ways that leave an imprint in our hearts. Sometimes, those imprints are painful and sometimes they are the things that mean the most us.There are things I have gone through in my life that hit my heart hard. They hurt so bad and they left scars that I don't think will ever be forgotten. But those are a part of me. They are the imprints of who I am. The very things that lead to me to make decisions in my life that lead me to be the person I am.
I understand that I won't agree with certain choices other people make but that doesn't mean that their choices are wrong. It may be what is in their heart. I am not saying that you still don't have to use logic, but you can use logic and your heart to make the best choices for yourself.
Everyone is different when it come to their beliefs in religion, politics, and their culture. Just because I see those differences, doesn't make their way wrong. Their beliefs and convictions are from their heart. You can't force someone to change the way they believe because you disagree. There has to be a certain degree of tolerance and compassion in understanding those differences. knowing that I worked hard, did a good job, and deserve a reward makes me feel good inside. I also feel that all persons should have to work and support themselves. If a person doesn't wish to put forth any effort and work hard to support themselves, then that person deserves nothing.

I hope that from what I have written, people will look at life the same way I do. I also want others to understand my interpretation of life. However, I do not intend to change the beliefs of others, but rather to give them more ways to look at life. If everyone would look at each other and realize the importance of our lives there would most likely be fewer wars and less hate in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment