Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thanks God, I’m so lucky

Kikip Lopez

               

                It is very common to an individual that he keeps on complaining to himself for not being perfect. He keeps on seeking his needs and wants that in reality, some are limited that sometimes bothers us. We are selfish in nature; we tend to look only to ourselves not even minding the situation of others that is truly unfortunate. Situations that is truly disgusting to the point that hope is seemingly impossible. Actually, hope is one of the major themes of this narrative. It gives another area of enlightenment to the people who think that they are not worthy to live here on earth; people who have low self-esteem in terms of conflict or struggle of life.



                In the story Basureros, the first aspect that is touched in me is my emotion; my feelings towards the “Basureros” and the writer. I could feel that the author is in the situation where hope is getting gloom. I know, even to my part, if I do have problems, I used to feel pity to myself only. I don’t even mind other people, their situation, their pain and their miserable life. What I always look is my part who is suffering the predicaments that honestly, sometimes, I cannot see even a minute light of hope. Upon reading this story, I feel something different that changes me in just few seconds. I realize that I am totally wrong to my feelings every time I have problems because in reality bites, there are other people that are much more unfortunate than me. People that continue striving life that even some of their needs are not satisfied; people whom we called vagabond. Hence, the story teaches me to become more receptive to what truly the world is and what it truly composes. It touches also my mind to open up, be optimistic and continue to challenge myself despite of the constraints where I am now. In addition, I already come to a point that I want to cut-out my life when I had my problem with my family. My family was destroyed with the decision of my mother (she marries again!) but, as time goes by, I slowly learn what truly life is. It’s not full of joys and happiness but also pain. Pain that should not be treated as part of weaknesses rather a part challenge of an individual. In addition, reading this piece helps me to grow and understand that we are just the driver but never a road maker of our life. More so, problems, constraints, dilemmas, obstacles are just part of God’s plan. He is just trying us to feel what life is and watch us how we rebut these annoying things. Those who want to quit or stop life are truly what we call LOSERS. Thus, after reading the narrative, I feel special and thanks God, I feel that I’m so lucky for I am still standing, living and breathing hire on earth. AMEN.



                                                                          A reflection on Basureros story

No comments:

Post a Comment