Monday, October 18, 2010

“The story of Rose” by: Solon B. Auza Jr. B4

“The story of Rose”
This is all about the Old women she’s name Rose The first day of school the professor

introduced him self and challenged his student to get to.
Rose said, "Hi handsome. My name is Rose. I'm eighty-seven years old.
"I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!" rose told the boy.
After class rose and the boy walked to the student union building and became instant friends.
Every day Rose and young boy talk together Rose shared her wisdom and experience over the
course of the year, Rose is very friendly wherever she going in the campus. Rose was living it up.
Rose speak at the football banquet. Student never forgets what Rose taught us. Rose leaned into
the microphone and simply said, "I'm sorry I'm so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this
whiskey is killing me! I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know."
As we laughed Rose cleared her throat and began:
"We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing. There are
only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success."
"You have to laugh and find humor every day." "You've got to have a dream. When you lose
your dreams, you die. We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it!"
"Have no regrets. The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we
did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets."
"The Rose." She challenged each of us to study the lyrics and live them out in our daily lives.
At the year's end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago. One week
after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep. Over two thousand college students attended
her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment