Monday, October 18, 2010

The Significance beyond Existence, Cris Nagandang

     The story of Rose is an inspiring narrative that really touches my heart. It stresses that I must be an efficient and effective individual in every single moment of my life. I should live to the fullest everyday without stepping on other’s dignity. It teaches me that life would be more wonderful if we act what we desire to have in ourselves. Every single minute is noteworthy and that no matter how old we are already, we could still grow up to become more redirected creatures on earth. Good existence doesn’t only ends during our younger years but it is a matter of how we appreciate and enjoy our time at the moment. In addition, the story really warms my heart. It stirs me to become a good being that is willing to share the good things in my life, inspire others to become buoyant people in all aspects as well.

     Honestly, I admire the eighty seven year old woman as she pursues college at her age. She really seeks her aspiration that would satisfy herself. In reality, we cannot deny the fact that it would be very different to go to school if we are already old enough. What makes the character inspiring is that, despite what others might think on her, she is still very confident of what she is doing. She knows how to carry herself so that others will not get off to her and that she did not use her age to gain the respect of others. She is fair and she did not step on one’s dignity. Moreover, I like the piece also because it stresses that growing up does not require a specific age. We could have it as long as we are still breathing. It motivates us that up to this moment we could still change ourselves into more productive individuals. One thing more, I really like the principle of the woman, her stand that she wants to finish her college despite she’s old already, and it accentuates that every person has its own philosophy in life. Her belief that she could find the answers to her question in college and how she adjust for her not to become an impediment of her young friends.


     Furthermore, it is indeed true that there is more regret to the things that we desire which we do not do. Happiness could only be apparent if we cease worrying things which are beyond the power of our will. Happiness also would only be clear if we start dreaming, a dream that would give us power to have what we want. I know this is what a character portrays in the story. She dreams something that would gratify herself and reveal a happy appearance to the world.


     I like also when she said, “We don’t stop playing because we are old; we grew up because we stop playing.” This is a wonderful line for me. It reminds me to live life everyday to the absolute fullest. We should love more; have more faith, more confidence, more laughs and more dreams. We should take actions one at a time that would bring us one step closer in achieving what we want.


     Overall, the story is stimulating. It doesn’t only remind me what to do but, pushes me to act what God wants me to be. It stresses that there is no reason for us to be stagnant in life. Life is changing in a fast pace. For us to maintain the balance is that we should learn how to grow up every now then and not being alarmed by how old we are already.

No comments:

Post a Comment